Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday - late

Thought I should let you hear from the stars themselves ...
Asked them to come write about the highlight of the week ....

Chris:
The highlight of the week was split into two events:
1. Having the honour of winning the first place award in engineering.
2. fem showd (inside joke)

Reda:
For this message, I first wanted to write something profound about how incredible my week at Los Angeles was. But I couldn't. My words just can't really describe how amazing the people and the overall experience has been. Enough said.

Sarah:
Seeing amazing research and ideas, meeting amazing people, and getting tons of free stuff have all made this week incredible beyond my wildest expectations! Thanks to everyone who made this possible and congrats to everyone who competed!

Nick:
I am proud to have represented Canada as a member of Team Canada ISEF 2011. This event was very exciting to compete in, and I learnt a lot about how participating at the ISEF is not impossible- you just have to pick an ambitious and interesting project and get started!

Most of the week was spent having fun and meeting new people. This turned out to be the real highlight of my trip.

Lexie:
What an amazing week in Los Angeles California! It was a blast meeting people from all around the globe! Competing in the ISEF was an amazing experience that I will never forget! The two highlights of the week were going to Universal Studios, and visiting the Santa Monica Pier! Thank you to our amazing chaperones for taking care of us all! Also congratulation to everyone who attended the 2011 Intel ISEF!

Lauren
ISEF was an experience that I will never forget! I met new people from all around the world as well as made an everlasting friendship with everybody on Team Canada. I really enjoyed going to Universal Studios as well as Hollywood, and spending time with amazing young scientists that all share the same interests! Great job to everybody and thank you to all the chaperones for making this week as good as it was!! I will never forget this week!!

Dheevesh
Los Angeles was amazing! It was a fabulous opportunity to meet people from around the world and spend time with the others in Team Canada. The most exciting aspect of my trip primarily included a night at Universal Studios and Hollywood. Congratulations to everybody and I would like to thank each and every one of the chaperones for making this amazing week possible.

Emma
If I had to describe this week in three words: exhilarating, magnafique, and awesome! Congragulations once again to everyone who won an award. Everyone on this team is AMAZING and I am absolutely honoured to know everyone! Thanks to Cathy, Ray, Caroline, Dustin, Spencer and Liane for their awesomeness throughout this trip!

Rui
This Intel ISEF week was totally awesome!! It has definitely exciting to meet young researchers from across the world, who were passionate and devoted to their projects. Congratulations to everyone for representing Canada with their awesome and exciting projects! I am honoured to be part of this group and thanks to all of the chaperones for making sure that everything went smoothly and making this experience amazing! Overall, Intel ISEF 2011 was awesome and I am very proud to be a member of Team Canada!

Megan
This week has been absolutely amazing! Attending the Intel ISEF has been one of the best experiences of my life. Summing up the whole experience is near impossible, because it has been filled with so many fantabulous moments and experiences. One thing that has really stood out for me is the incredible energy that we experienced almost 24/7. This experience would truly not have been possible without the support of our parents, family members, teachers, mentors, chaperones, Intel Canada, UOIT, and Youth Science Canada. Being surrounded by people from all corners of the globe helped to instil in us the fact that by working together we really can change the world.

Zeyu
This week at the Intel ISEF was one of the best weeks of my life!! The week was filled with so many good memories like the Santa Monica Beach, Hollywood, and the Universal Studios. We all had so much energy everyday! At home, I never can never wake up as early as we do here in LA. Also, being able to meet fabulous people from all over the world is just amazing! Thanks everyone who made this awesome week possible. I'm very proud to be a member of Team Canada and I hope to come back next year!!

Janelle
Although this week was stressful with my sister and partner losing her voice to acute bronchitis, it definitely ended absolutely wonderfully. The night at Universal Studios was one of the most fun nights of my life, as we were thrilled with ride after ride with no wait times and free concession food :) A relaxing day at Hollywood and Santa Monica also was a beautiful vacation. Meeting people from all over the world was thrilling and exciting. But the best part of my week was hanging out and building lasting friendships with the interesting, talented, amazing members of Team Canada. I've had the time of my life being on Team Canada once again, and I hope to be back again next year! :D

Linda
Enjoyable? Stressful? Unforgettable? Yes, yes, and YES! This week has been that and so much more! For one of the few times in my life, I am surrounded by a cadre of amazing peers with whom I can truly connect on more than a few levels! I know that there are people who think that Intel ISEF is just another stuffy academic event, an expo for all the science nerds of the world. Through my experience as being part of Team Canada, I seek to change that inaccurate perception, even if it's just one friend at a time. Although the judging and competition may be the central (and thus most stressful) part of the week, our team had an incredible time bonding, and I think, in the end, it is the good times and the international friendships forged that infused our memories with a special vibrancy and vitality!

Howard
Imagine a world where everything you love surrounds you. This is where a utopia exists; the epitome of perfection. This is not a bar; this is Intel ISEF! Science thrives here, but not just that; timeless friendships are made, unbreakable bonds linked to one another, and unerasable memories etched in my mind like hieroglyphics on stone. You call call me the amateur, first year competing at ISEF. I wanted it to be really good. Unfortunately, it was not good at all; it was stellar and magnificent. I loved every part of it, from the meetings in Toronto, the arrivals in LA, the pin trading, the tours, and the experience of it all. Personally, I am glad to say I have been so close with future Forbes Richest People of the Earth. I would like to take this time to introduce two people, one that is going to Princeton and another one striving to go to Princeton for making this ISEF experience an unforgettable one. Remember: Reach for the stars so if you fall, you'll land on a cloud.

Vivienne
ISEF is amazing (just remember : don't get sick! cause you would really want to talk to all the cool people here AND you miss out on the pin trading where everyone thinks you're an anti-social awkward loner so losing your voice isn't the best idea :P) Eat lots - and remember your nametag :) I feel bad writing such a short post but it's past midnight and it's time for bed....long flight home tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment